Monday, June 20, 2005

Lost Treasures

Masked Faces

What if I had another face to put on?
Not a mask, I hate masks
Masks are made of rubber and they suffocate
I would like another face please
No, not a new soul
Souls are overrated and boring
I could live without one
But I couldn’t live without a face
Perhaps you can lend me yours
Your face is nice and fine
But then you would have to put on a mask


This was something that I cam across the other day. I don’t remember when I wrote it or why. I was rummaging through bits of paper and old notepads. I do that from time to time. And I usually end up finding some lost written treasure.

I don’t know what you can call these. It can’t be poetry. Far from it. It’s not a story. Thoughts? Reflections? Whatever they are, you are pound to find a piece like that if you go through any of my stuff. (no, this is NOT an open invitation to do so!)

It’s a nice feeling nonetheless. When you find those words, those lines, that you’ve forgotten you’ve written. And you try to remember when you wrote them and why. And then you realize it doesn’t really matter. Because you’ve found it now, and it couldn’t have come at a better time.

Funny, how those lost treasures I find almost always can be related to the events, mood or situation I am on the day.

I’m sure there are many people out there like that. Having their own lost treasures. They don’t have to be writings. Perhaps photographs, or tiny ornaments, or even old mixed music tapes.

Have you found one of yours lately?

No comments: