Wednesday, December 21, 2005

This 'n' That

A couple of readings are coming up early next week, which I might be involved with. The readings are part of the activities held during the Second Literary Meet for Arab Youths which started today.

The first one will be held at the Bahrain Writer’s Association on Saturday, Dec 24, from 7pm to 9pm and the second the following day at Al Riwaq Gallery in Adliya, at the same time.

I will most defiantly be there at the event, whether I will do a reading or if it’s going to be open for the public, is still not confirmed. I will keep you posted soon as I get word on that.

Efforts to create a proper .com are picking up again. I’m currently doing my research on domain/hosting websites and companies. So far, I’ve been most impressed with the hosting plans and packages offered through godaddy.com and compila.com.

Plans are to launch alialsaeed.com with the start of the New Year. Fingers crossed.

Ps for those who’ve taken a ‘moment’ to vote in the mini-poll, thanks a lot. The poll is still on so if you’ve not voted yet, please do so. Your feedback is needed.

3 comments:

Angelo Embuldeniya said...

Ali, am interested in attending the Al Riwaq Gallery event and podcasting it as well? Any ideas on how I may attend it - I understand it's not open to the public and am hoping to go for it on the 25th - is it a mixture of english and arabic or just one language? Who should i be contacting to get an insight into these meets?

thanks!

PS: any plans to integrate your blog into the new website (.com) - that would be awesome!

Ali Al Saeed said...

I don't see why there should be any problems with that, though I'll have a word with Bayan first. I think the safest best is to speak to her directly.

The programme is going to be mainly in Arabic. But the gallery suggested that, if the oppertunity arises, read some of my work as well, to mix things up a bit.

As for the blog, that will depend on the hosting plan I use, some of them include their own blogs.

Cavan said...

Sounds great, Ali!

As for hosts, if you're planning to integrate your blog with your home page, it might be best to stay away from GoDaddy. Apparently, they have all sorts of troubles dealing with Blogger.