Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thank You & Goodnight

Today’s event might have been no where near close to my previous book signing (in which I first launched QuixotiQ) but it was a pleasurable experience nonetheless. My anxiety soon disappeared once I settled down and people began approaching me, showing interest in my book.

To every single person who took a few moments of their time to stand there and chat with me, and those who bought a copy, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It’s truly heartwarming to see that people are genuinely supportive and interested in literary works by local talents.

And all I had to do was keep smiling and politely ask passers-by if they’d care to take a look! And I’ve gone with this event with minimum publicity and promotion, hoping to feel the reaction of the public. The response, even though somewhat modest, was still very encouraging.

So once again, thank you all for your time and support.

And if you couldn’t make it today, don’t worry, Booksplus still have a number of copies stocked on their shelves. QuixotiQ is also available online through all major online booksellers (ie Amazon, Barnes & Noble).

To view more photos from today’s event, please click here.

(I'd like to take this moment to pay my condolences to the people who have lost their lives performing Hajj in Saudi Arabia. Our prayers go out to their families.)

No comments: