Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Bad Bad You, Bad Bad Me

To begin with, I would like to thank everyone who turned up for the reading at Al Riwaq Art Gallery on Monday. Even though there were few of you, the evening to me was a success, simply having the opportunity to meet with you and talk a bit of literature.

Considering this was only my second reading, I feel I did alright, apart from a few glitches here and there. I think the setting and the audience helped calm my nerves, it was an intimate evening. I hope you all had a good time and thank you once again.

Cheers to Gary (and wife) for showing interest in my work, cheers to Art for making sure the event was documented (always with his trusty camera), cheers to Tanya and Hashim, I enjoyed our conversations and to Marriette for the sweet complements. And most importantly thanks to the marvelous Bayan Kanoo, owner of the gallery, and Sara, her assistant.

You can read what Tooners over at Hypnotic Verses had to say about the evening. (pix to come)

Today, for the first time in two months, I attempted to write something. Of course nothing came out, but I sat and went through Buried, trying to figure out how the plot is going to develop over the next few chapters. I’ve not written anything for a very long time and I miss just sitting down, my warm cup of coffee next to me, typing away.

A couple of events coming next month that I will be announcing soon, meanwhile I better focus on completing Models of Success: The Book within the next nine days!

1 comment:

Ronymaru. said...

www.millarai.blogspot.com