Saturday, September 16, 2006

MOMENTS LAUNCHED!

I would like to start by thanking every single person who came to the launch Thursday night at Albareh Art Gallery and to the book signing today at Booksplus, Seef. Both events went pretty well... and its all thanks to YOU!

The set up at the gallery was very relaxed, simple and informal. I spent most of the time on my feet, walking around the gallery signing copies to people mingling. It was better than being stuck behind a table. The whole evening, even though at the start was a bit chaotic, had a warm feel and friendly to it. Everybody seemed to have had a good time.

The signing at Booksplus was just as good. It started very slowly but then picked up around lunch time and I had a wonderful time interacting with readers and passers by, all of whom had shown genuine interest in my work. I enjoyed those small conversations immensely. And to every person who bought Moments, I cannot thank you enough and hope that you enjoy every moment you spend reading it.

I'm looking forward for more opportunities like that and if you've missed the previous two then don't forget the next event on Wednesday 20th at the Bookcase on Budaiya Highway where I will be signing copies of Moments from 5pm to 6pm. And of course the reading at La Fontaine Art Centre on September 27th at 8pm.

Moments is available on sale at Booksplus (Seef Mall and A'ali Complex), Albareh Art Gallery, and the Bookcase, in paperback, for – get this – JUST BD5!!!!

3 comments:

June said...

Hi Ali. I met you today, you signed my book and I stumbled upon your blog accidentally.

I'm leaving the country tomorrow. I'll be gone for a year and I'm definitely looking forward to reading Moments once I'm there. Wish you all the best. It was a real pleasure meeting you.

Um Naief said...

Ali, I really enjoyed your book launch. It was a really nice time and I'm glad I had a chance to be a part of it.

Great job and I'm looking forward to reading Moments.

Ali Al Saeed said...

Thank you june and tooners.

June have a safe trip, it was a pleasure meeting you as well. I appreciate your support.

Tooners, looking forward to hearing your views on Moments when you finish reading it.