Monday, November 13, 2006

Off to Dubai

I'm leaving tomorrow morning to Dubai for a couple of days. My first book event/appearance in Dubai will be on Wednesday (Nov 15) at the XVA and starts from 7pm. This will be followed by a film screening, I'm told. So if you happen to be in Dubai, you better make sure you be there on time! I've not been to Dubai in almost five years. Everyone tells me I'm in for a shock!

This morning we had a presentation for Models of Success at Al Hoora Secondary School for Girls which turned out pretty well. We showed the film, talked about the project and I shed light on the book, which I wrote. I am glad that the whole thing was well received. Ideally, we hope that every government school would take in a copies of the film and the book to feature in their libraries or learning centres.

I also yesterday visited the British Council to go over the details of the workshop with the council staff on the 18th. I'm told there's interest from the part of the students, so fingers crossed there'll be a good turn out.

I should probably go and pack now.

2 comments:

PM said...

Salaam Alaikum Ali,

Will you be attending the Dubai International Film Festival next month? I'll be there and would love to meet up if you are planning to attend. Let me know ;-)

Regards,
PM

hippychiq said...

You'll wow them in Dubai... good luck and huge hugs n kisses... karen xx