Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Take Offs And Landings

What a hectic few days these've been.

The events at the British Council and the Muharraq School both turned out spectacularly well. I enjoyed both immensely and I was pleased with the response I got from the students, especially at the government school, which was a very pleasant surprise.

I'm starting to enjoy these kinds of affairs. Four, three, maybe even two years ago, I would never has seen myself doing something like that, but the fact is, the interaction with the young students is refreshing and it's wonderful to see their level of interest in literature, books and writing.

This is something we (and by we, I suppose I mean my generation) never had the chance to experience. To meet with local creative people and discuss their crafts and backgrounds and professions. I wish there is more schools and more artists and writers out there doing the same.

I don't think I'd mind doing more of these at all actually.

I got my copy of The Absolute Sandman Vol. 1 yesterday and I've skimmed through it and I'm happy and ecstatic and over the moon with it! Its fabulous and I can't wait to get some time alone with it! Its HUGE!

I remember the first time I read the Sandman, I even remember how it felt reading the very first issue, which Tariq (my ex-colleague at the GDN) lent me. I got hooked instantly and I never looked back since… So in a way, I owe you big thanks Tariq!

No comments: